The Large Clayton Leather Satchel
Material: Old Calf leather
Dimensions: 31.5 x 40 x 8cm (63cm)
When our customers asked for a larger version of our best-selling satchel, Graeme Ellisdon created The Large Clayton. Roomy enough to carry a 15.5” laptop and A4 papers, The Large Clayton Satchel is handcrafted in robust, handsomely weathered Old Calf leather with a handy top handle, adjustable strap and shoulder protector. Unlined, it features an integrated Canvas pouch inside with plenty of pockets.
NEW, BIGGER SIZE
Handcrafted in robust, handsomely weathered Old Calf leather, this large messenger bag has the artisanal look of a traditional satchel with two solid metal buckles. However, hidden beneath the flap are two quick-release clasps allowing the busy traveller secure and easy access and closure while on the go.
Large enough to carry a 15.5” laptop and A4 papers, The Clayton’s spacious, unlined interior also features an integrated Canvas pouch with a large zipped pocket in which to stash your valuables, plus a handy loop on which to hang a key ring and two slip pockets which are ideal for smaller items and a phone. The Large Clayton features a useful carry handle on top and an adjustable leather strap with shoulder protector for comfort: wear on the shoulder or messenger-style across the body.
Love this look but prefer something more compact? Opt for our original, smaller size: The Clayton Leather Satchel.
- OSPREY LONDON artisanal messenger bag, handcrafted in characterful and robust Old Calf leather with a pre-weathered look with self-coloured stitching and hand-applied edge-stain.
- A4-compatible and can comfortably house a 15.5” laptop with its flat sides and base.
- Features a long, flat leather adjustable strap which attaches to the bag via metal buckles fastenings. Can be removed completely if desired. The strap features a leather shoulder protector, subtly embossed with our OSPREY LONDON logo.
- The foldover flap features the embossed OSPREY LONDON logo. Two traditional solid metal buckles with metal stud detailing sit on the flap but the bag closes under the flap with luggage style quick release catches.
- The top of the bag features a carry handle in Old Calf leather.
- The interior is unlined but features an integrated full-length canvas pouch containing two slip pockets and one large zipped pocket with a leather zip pull. There is a metal ring under the zipped pocket onto which a keyring can be attached.
- Always follow our leather care recommendations.
CARING FOR YOUR OSPREY LONDON LEATHER BAG
At OSPREY LONDON, each leather is selected for its individual beauty, performance and feel. Each skin is unique, so any irregularity is viewed as characteristic of leather's natural appeal.
As with all natural materials, leather needs special care. Follow these tips to help keep your OSPREY LONDON product looking as desirable tomorrow as it does today:
- Keep your product away from direct sources of light and heat.
- Ensure your suede or leather product does not rub against other fabrics, to reduce any risk of colour transference and to protect its special finish.
- Dampness, humidity and rain should be avoided. If your OSPREY LONDON product does become wet, blot the excess moisture with a soft, light-coloured cloth; stuff with tissue paper; and leave to dry naturally.
- Don't overfill your OSPREY LONDON bag or wallet. Travelling light will help it retain its shape and it's better for your back too.
- When not in use, stuff your bag with acid-free paper and store it in a fabric dust bag.
- Always refer stains to a specialist leather cleaner.
Treat it well and your OSPREY LONDON product will give you pleasure for many years to come.