Reporting to: Marketing Director
Where: Our Head Office – Luton initially moving to Great Gaddesden, Hertfordshire - Summer 2021
With: Marketing Team
The role: Supporting the marketing and promotional activity of our brand, this exciting new role focuses on the implementation of our marketing strategy to drive sales and customer engagement.
Your story so far:
Working in a PR or marketing team for a retail brand (most likely with a degree level education), you thrive on the opportunity to present the brands you work with in new, positive, and engaging ways to their customers. Relationship building comes naturally to you, and with your flair for organisation, creativity, and drive, you’re ready to embrace a new challenge, helping to set up a new marketing department for a highly successful omnichannel brand going through substantial growth.
Your character & skills will include:
• Highly organised with great time management skills, you relish the opportunity to bring in systems & procedures to get things running like clockwork – so you can then focus on the fun, creative stuff!
• Commercial through and through, you love to see how our campaigns can shift the needle in terms of sales and engagement.
• Sparky with a can-do attitude and bags of initiative, you are always prepared to roll your sleeves up to get the job done.
• Great with people at every level, you are able to demonstrate first class presentation skills – in person, on Zoom and on paper, where your use of English is engaging and accurate.
• A sensitive listener, you’re alert to opportunities.
• Numerate and confident with excel.
• Visually aware, you’ll have an appreciation of style.
• Able to get to grips quickly with the OSPREY LONDON brand & our customer.
Responsibilities will include:
• Inputting creative ideas for our store and web promotional calendars to engage both new and existing customers
• Communicating efficiently and effectively the features & objectives of each upcoming promotional event to relevant stakeholders, both internally and externally
• Liaising with our Design team and external printers to ensure that promotional materials are produced to time, to cost and are sent out efficiently
• Responding in a timely fashion to ad hoc media requests
• Working with the Marketing Director on copy for promotional use
Building relationships with the relevant marketing teams in our centres to ensure our brand is front and centre to be included in their marketing campaigns:
• Setting up a rolling call programme to check in with each centre marketing team (supplemented with periodic in-person visits) to ensure we’re the go-to brand for marketing opportunities
• Proactively working with each centre to ensure our brand is optimally represented:
o Physically around the centre on posters
o Within the centre’s social media campaigns so that our latest promotions gain extra exposure
o Within the centre’s PR/media campaigns
o Included in tie-ups with other suitable retailers in order to gain positive exposure to new customers
• Ensure each store is optimally represented on each centre’s web platform, updating imagery/copy seasonally
Involvement in the two-way marketing feedback channel with our retail managers to evaluate and continually improve our marketing activity:
• Investigating & reporting on how well a promotion worked/what would we change for next time
• What are competitor brands doing of interest promotions-wise?
• Pulling together data reports on promotional code usage in store and on the web
• Store data capture rates: what can our best-performing stores share with those with lower data capture rates?
• Periodic analysis of existing customer segments as part of our reactivation campaigns
• Weekly liaison with our Buying & Merchandising team on product sales information to ensure the appropriate products are always featured in our marketing plans
• Create a rolling Critical Path Analysis (CPA) document to mirror that already used by our web team for outlet store new product launches to ensure that:
o Key lines of store exclusive items are identified in good time for photography for promotional use
o Information on new product categories and key new lines are communicated to stores before they are allocated to ensure our store teams are fully briefed help maximise sales
• Supporting the Marketing Director in the behind-the-scenes organisation of brand campaign model shoots
• Organising new store photography for use on our Store Locator/Google
• Brand Partnership support as and when required
• CSR: you’ll be involved in how we shape and communicate this
What does success look like?
• Achieving and exceeding our KPIs
• Building solid relationships with our stakeholders
• With our systems running like clockwork, you’ll be working on new creative ideas for campaigns
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and short covering letter to email@example.com.