The Knighton Italian Leather Briefcase
Material: Vacchetta leather
Dimensions: 32 x 41 x 14 (handle 4) (strap 38-51) cm
Handcrafted in Florence, this most handsome of leather briefcases is a masterful combination of function and style. Every detail of The Knighton Briefcase is considered, from the width of the rolled leather handle to the adjustable webbing strap with leather shoulder pad for added comfort. The leather luggage tag on the handle is a useful touch for the business traveller, while the two-part interior with pockets for mobile phone and slots for pens and business cards is a boon to help stay organised on the go.
A4-compatible in size, The Knighton Briefcase is constructed to be expanded or contracted as required, with concertinaed sides and an ingenious buckled strap that feeds through and over the bag securing the contents in transit, but with a quick-release catch to allow easy access to the contents of the bag when required.
While the construction of The Knighton Briefcase follows traditional Tuscan saddlery techniques with intricate care and attention, its nut veg-tanned Vacchetta leather not only looks great today but also just gets better with age and has a wonderfully rich leathery smell that is the mark of true authenticity.
- Men’s OSPREY LONDON briefcase, handcrafted in handsome Vacchetta leather with a foldover flap, quick-release clasp and additional shoulder strap.
- Vacchetta leather is a premium Italian vegetable-dyed cowhide.
- Reverse of the bag features a strap embossed with the legend: Genuine Florentine Vacchetta leather.
- In Florence, Vacchetta leather bags are most highly prized when they have been used for years and they then wear the marks of their history with pride.
- Through handling and exposure to sunlight, this leather evolves a rich patina that gets better with age and use. As with all leathers, avoid getting wet.
- Features a rolled leather handle, padded for comfort, with antique brass metal fittings.
- Comes with an additional, sturdy webbing strap with a central leather shoulder pad for comfort.
- Includes a leather luggage/address tag, which hangs from the sturdy metal strap loop.
- Besides the quality of the leather, the beauty of this briefcase is that it is constructed to be expanded or contracted as required with gusseted sides and an ingenious buckled strap that feeds through and over the bag securing the foldover flap in transit.
- The foldover flap secures to the bag with a brass quick-release luggage clasp, hidden underneath the buckled strap.
- The foldover flap is lined and lifts to reveal two spacious, separate compartments, which are lined in red Cotton Twill.
- One compartment features a zipped pocket with a leather zip-pull and small leather slip pocket, which has the OSPREY LONDON logo subtly embossed in the centre. Opposite these features you will also find our OSPREY LONDON embroidered wing crest logo, framed in matching leather.
- The second large compartment features one phone holder, one pen holder and three card pockets.
- The back of the bag features a horizontal leather strap, where Italians traditionally lodge their daily newspaper but which can also be slipped over a luggage trolley handle.
- Comes with an OSPREY LONDON dust bag to protect the bag when not in use.
- Always follow our leather care recommendations to keep leather looking in prime condition.
Delivery & Returns Service Status
- In order to ensure our warehouse & customer services team can work safely, we are running a limited operation in line with the government’s latest guidance. UK orders will be delivered within 7 working days.
- For any order placed since 1st March 2020 you now have 30 days from when the current government restrictions are lifted to return your order.
We offer FREE UK returns with Collect+.
|Standard over £50
||Within 5 working days
|Standard under £50
||Within 5 working days
||2-3 working days
We measure our bags in centimetres, showing height x width x depth. The last measurement given in brackets shows the height of the handle or strap from the top of the bag to the inside top of the strap or handle: this measurement indicates whether it fits over the shoulder and how freely. Great if you're looking for a bag to go over a particularly bulky coat.
LEATHER BAGS & SMALL LEATHER GOODS CARE
At OSPREY LONDON, we select the leathers used for our accessories for their individual beauty, performance and feel. Each skin is unique, so any quirks are viewed as characteristic of leather's natural appeal.
As with all natural materials, leather needs special care, so follow our recommendations to help keep your OSPREY LONDON leather bag looking as desirable tomorrow as it does today:
- Keep your product away from direct sources of light and heat.
- Ensure your leather product is not allowed to rub against other materials, to reduce any risk of colour transference and to retain its special finish.
- Dampness, humidity and rain should be avoided. If your OSPREY product does become wet, blot the excess moisture with a soft, light-coloured cloth; stuff with tissue paper; and leave to dry naturally.
- Don't overfill your OSPREY product to help it retain its shape.
- Always refer stains to a specialist leather cleaner.
Treat them well and your OSPREY LONDON leather items will give you pleasure for many years to come.
Product Code: OL0642-45\3