The Standard Leather Hippopotamus
• The wonderful leather animals that you may have seen in our OSPREY HOME store in St Albans have historically been made locally in Hitchin, but today that company continues to handcraft these wonderful creatures from its base in Lincolnshire.
• This Standard Leather Hippo is intended as a floor piece and can be used as a footstool.
• Inside sits a metal and wooden frame which is used to create the structure, around which the stitched leather sits. The animal is then stuffed with pine wood shavings.
• The aniline leather used has a natural characterful finish. This is prized for the way that it ages according to the life you give it, developing a unique patina over time.
• As a natural material, each piece of leather is unique, so please be aware that no two animals are exactly the same and sizes are approximate.
• This little hippo has a metal stud under each leg: avoid dragging across wooden or delicate surfaces.
• Always follow our leather care recommendations.