ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Where? Our Head Office in Luton (moving to Great Gaddesden Spring 2021)
With? Finance Department
Working Hours? Monday – Friday (37.5 hours or as necessitates the role)
Reporting to? Finance Assistant
This critical role is primarily responsible for the effective processing of all accounts payable transactions, ensuring all invoices are processed accurately and in a timely fashion. Working within a small Finance team who are committed to achieving their objectives and supporting each other as and when required.
Your story so far...
Not only will you have a good education (A level standard) and strong numeracy skills but you will also be a confident communicator. Naturally organised with a high attention to detail and accuracy, a sense of urgency, and a commitment to meeting all deadlines. You will have knowledge of computerised accounts payable systems and be proficient in the use of Word and Excel along with strong data entry skills. You are used to identifying problems when they occur but have the confidence to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Organised and methodical who understands the importance of procedures, order and structure
- Confident communication skills with the ability to liaise appropriately and effectively with suppliers, colleagues, and Directors in both verbal and written form
- Deadline driven meeting all deadlines and time requirements; punctual and committed to the completion of each task
- Demonstrate pride - someone who really cares about delivering a high level of service
- Team player – committed to supporting the Finance team and all relevant departments to ensure deadlines are met; collaborating at all times
- Solution provider who sees a problem but quickly identifies and recommends appropriate action
Your main responsibilities will be...
- Coding, batching and processing all supplier invoices and credit notes ensuring all are correctly reconciled and authorised with the approved internal PO where applicable
- Manage accurate data entry of supplier invoices on to internal accounts system
- Make payments to suppliers and reconcile supplier accounts statements
- Send invoices to relevant Manager or department for approval
- Correct any discrepancies as and when they are identified
- Maintain supplier invoice filing system accurately (consistency and neatness)
- Liaise with suppliers and develop relationships to ensure effective communication between all parties
- Co-ordinate incoming mail to ensure all invoices are recorded
Other responsibilities will include support in...
- Bank and ledger reconciliations
- Debtors support (very small debtors book)
- Payroll administration
- Other general adhoc administration
What does success look like?
- Attention to KPI’s and consistency in meeting them
- Ability to work quickly, whilst always maintaining high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Consistently demonstrate pride in all areas of work including presentation and filing
- Unwavering commitment to discretion and confidentiality at all times
- A self-starter who does not require instruction for action and is flexible and self-motivated
- A consistent commitment towards ‘completion’
- A commitment to a supportive working environment in your team
- Ability to cope with change and identify new efficient ways of working